Waiting on Wednesday: The Seafarer's Kiss by Julia Ember


This bookish meme tells the blogosphere what we're waiting patiently (and sometimes not so patiently) for! It's hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine!

The Seafarer's Kiss

     Having long-wondered what lives beyond the ice shelf, nineteen-year-old mermaid Ersel learns of the life she wants when she rescues and befriends Ragna, a shield-maiden stranded on the mermen’s glacier. But when Ersel’s childhood friend and suitor catches them together, he gives Ersel a choice: say goodbye to Ragna or face justice at the hands of the glacier’s brutal king.
     Determined to forge a different fate, Ersel seeks help from Loki. But such deals are never as one expects, and the outcome sees her exiled from the only home and protection she’s known. To save herself from perishing in the barren, underwater wasteland and be reunited with the human she’s come to love, Ersel must try to outsmart the God of Lies.


Published by: Duet Books
Expected Publication: May 4, 2017

Why I'm Waiting: So, First I was drawn in by the GORGEOUS cover. I love the paper look and I don't think I've ever seen a cover like this one before. Then I heard this was a f/f retelling of The Little Mermaid?! YES. PLEASE. I can't wait to see what this one's all about! 

What are you waiting on this week?
Will you wait on this with me? 

Labels: