WoW: Goodbye Days by Jeff Zentner


This bookish meme tells the blogosphere what we're waiting patiently (and sometimes not so patiently) for! It's hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine!

Goodbye Days

     Can a text message destroy your life?
     Carver Briggs never thought a simple text would cause a fatal crash, killing his three best friends, Mars, Eli, and Blake. Now Carver can’t stop blaming himself for the accident and even worse, there could be a criminal investigation into the deaths.
     Then Blake’s grandmother asks Carver to remember her grandson with a ‘goodbye day’ together. Carver has his misgivings, but he starts to help the families of his lost friends grieve with their own memorial days, along with Eli’s bereaved girlfriend Jesmyn. But not everyone is willing to forgive. Carver’s own despair and guilt threatens to pull him under into panic and anxiety as he faces punishment for his terrible mistake. Can the goodbye days really help?
 

Expected Publication: March 7, 2017
Published by: Crown Books for Young Readers

Why I'm Waiting: Ok, I know this sounds like nothing but a great big giant sob-fest, but that's what normally works for me lol I LOVE books like this. (Not the subject, but those that can make me feel EVERYTHING.) Also, I heard that he's an amazing author from his other novel, The Serpent King. I'm hoping that this will be all that I'm expecting and more! 

What are you waiting on this week?
Will you be waiting on this with me? 

Labels: ,