Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay by J.K. Rowling

Hardcover, 280 pages
Release Date: November 18, 2016
Published by: Swoon Reeads
Read from: January 12-13, 2017 
Stand-alone
Source: Bought
For fans of: Harry Potter, LOL, Screenplays, 

     J.K. Rowling's screenwriting debut is captured in this exciting hardcover edition of the Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them screenplay.
When Magizoologist Newt Scamander arrives in New York, he intends his stay to be just a brief stopover. However, when his magical case is misplaced and some of Newt's fantastic beasts escape, it spells trouble for everyone…
     Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them marks the screenwriting debut of J.K. Rowling, author of the beloved and internationally bestselling Harry Potter books. Featuring a cast of remarkable characters, this is epic, adventure-packed storytelling at its very best.
     Whether an existing fan or new to the wizarding world, this is a perfect addition to any reader's bookshelf.

*MY THOUGHTS*

     As a Harry Potter fan, I off course got super excited when I heard this was happening. I was so excited to jump right back into the Harry Potter universe. But of course since it was a screenplay it wasn't as amazingly told as the original stories, but it is most certainly a very magical book.
     Newt Scamander arrived in New York and didn't plan to stay long. He stops by somewhere and his suitcase full of "fantastic beasts" goes missing. And then, it opens and the things in it go out to wreak havoc on the streets.
     Ok, I really loved the plot of this story. I haven't yet seen the movie (I JUST read the book, give me a break lol) but if it's like this, then I am super excited for everything about the movie. I really liked the characters. Even from just reading a screenplay, I fell for all of them. I adored Queenie, and I loved the way Newt was so caring about his animals, and I just everybody ok lol Maybe it was because it was a screenplay and they move so fast, but every character we met in the story had a purpose. As a huge fan of character based stories, I really loved this part of it.
     However, I wasn't a fan of the way the story was told. I guess because it's a screenplay, I wanted to learn so much more about the wizarding world in the USA, but in a screenplay you miss so much. There's not really much of the storytelling there, just most of it shown through the actor's expected actions. I know this isn't something that can be helped, but it did make me miss the wizarding world so much more. I wish she would give us another book lol
     This was all I expected it to be and more. Now that I'm ready for the movie, I can't wait to see it! If it really does follow the book, I can expect the movie to be great too.
Overall, I give this

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,