TTT: Top Books I feel Should be Required Reading!

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the BookishEach week we will post a new Top Ten list. Everyone is welcome to join.   

This week's topic is:
Top 10 Books I feel Should be Required Reading!

This semester I'm actually taking a class called Seminar and Trends in Literature for Children and YA. This year the seminar actually is focusing on YA.... I took some ideas from her syllabus! 

For the section on Realistic Fiction I'd make sure my students read these staples!

My Life After Now

To teach them of Illnesses like HIV and AIDS
1. My Life After Now by Jessica Verdi

Thousand Words

To teach them the harm they can do with technology
2. Thousand Words by Jennifer Brown

My Heart and Other Black Holes

To help show them depression and suicide look different and can be anyone.
3. My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga

Maybe One Day

SPOILER!
To help them cope with the death of a friend
4. Maybe One Day by Melissa Kantor

Tease

To show them the effects of bullying
5. Tease by Amanda Maciel

Faking Normal

To show them how to "Channel your brave"
6. Faking Normal by Courtney C. Stevens

Second Chance Summer

SPOILER
To help them cope with the death of a parent. 
7. Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson

Stay

To show them what an abusive relationship might look like
8. Stay by Deb Caletti

Golden

To get them thinking about life after high school 
9. Golden by Jessi Kirby

How To Love

Teen Parenting
10. How to Love by Katie Cotugno

What books would you like to see taught in this class?
Any that you agree with?
Let me know in the comments!