P.S. I Like You by Kasie West

Hardcover,  325 pages
Release Date: July 26, 2016
Published by: Scholastic Point
Read from: July 27- August 14, 2016
Stand-alone
Source: Bought
For fans of: Contemporary Romance, Sparkly Covers,  YA 



Signed, sealed, delivered…
     While spacing out in chemistry class, Lily scribbles some of her favorite song lyrics onto her desk. The next day, she finds that someone has continued the lyrics on the desk and added a message to her. Intrigue!
     Soon, Lily and her anonymous pen pal are exchanging full-on letters—sharing secrets, recommending bands, and opening up to each other. Lily realizes she’s kind of falling for this letter writer. Only, who is he? As Lily attempts to unravel the mystery and juggle school, friends, crushes, and her crazy family, she discovers that matters of the heart can’t always be spelled out…

*MY THOUGHTS*

     When I saw that Kasie West had another contemp coming out, I KNEW I had to read it. I was super excited and I couldn't wait to get my grubby hands on it. As soon as it came in the mail, I cracked it open and immediately started reading it. 
"Dreaming is fun."
pg. 52
     Lily was doing what all students do in chemistry class... she spaces out. One day she starts drawing on the desk. And the next day finds that someone has answered her. Before long they have become pen pals and there seems to be more than friendship in the air. 
"Who are you talking to? Myself. You do that alot. I know. I'm the only one who understands me."
pg. 90
     This one isn't my favorite by her, but it was still very cute. I think it wasn't my favorite by her only because I've read something like this before. I know it sucks to compare works, but I really did feel that way. But that doesn't stop it from being good. It also didn't make my favorite by her because there was little to no romance. Usually in Kasie West books I'm smiling from ear to ear and cheesing, and swooning, but this time it was missing it until the end. Like the very end. If I had went in thinking it was just a contemp, I maybe would have liked it more. 
"Rules are silly. Just be real."
pg. 94
     What I did like was the characters she chose to put together. Although I realized who it was really early on, I like that she put those two together. It broke the norm and I appreciated that. (I don't want to say who for fear of spoilers!) But I really thought it would be interesting to see how they would be when they got together, but we didn't get that. Or a chance to see what would happen if she entered the "competition." I think that was what was missing for me. I felt like the ending wasn't answered enough. I also liked the way her family was and Lily's sense of humor and awkwardness. She literally reminded me of me lol I mean I carry a notebook around with me EVERYWHERE and now I've started a bullet journal, so I'm really carrying one around now lol I just thought that was pretty cool! 
"If you don't try, you'll always wonder."
pg. 271
     This wasn't my favorite by her, but it was still definitely cute,fluffy, and good. She's still made it to my auto-buy author list and I can't wait to see what else will write. 
Overall, I give this


Labels: , ,