Asa by Jay Crownover

ROCK (1)
Audio, 9 parts
Release Date: April 14, 2015
Published by: Harper Collins
Marked Men, #6
Source: Library
For fans of: Contemporary Romance, 


     Starting over in Denver with a whole new circle of friends and family, Asa Cross struggles with being the man he knows everyone wants him to be and the man he knows he really is. A leopard doesn’t it change its spots and Asa has always been a predator. He doesn’t want to hurt those who love and rely on him, especially one luscious arresting cop who suddenly seems to be interested in him for far more than his penchant for breaking the law. But letting go of old habits is hard, and it’s easy to hit bottom when it’s the place you know best.
     Royal Hastings is quickly learning what the bottom looks like after a tragic situation at work threatens not only her career but her partner’s life. As a woman who has only ever had a few real friends she’s trying to muddle through her confusion and devastation all alone. Except she can’t stop thinking about the sexy southern bartender she locked up. Crushing on Asa is the last thing she needs but his allure is too strong to resist. His long criminal record can only hurt her already shaky career and chasing after a guy who has no respect for the law or himself can only end in heartbreak.
     A longtime criminal and a cop together just seems so wrong . . . but for Asa and Royal, being wrong together is the only right choice to make.


BETWEEN THE COVERS!

*"This book is part of the new adult contemporary romance genre! It is more mature than both YA and MG. I have featured it in Between the Covers as a way to feature the few Adult and New Adult titles I am beginning to read!"  This book will contain strong language and explicit sexual scenes. Intended for adults 18 and up! 

*MY THOUGHTS*

     It took me forever to read this because (well besides the fact that my library couldn't get it in long enough for me to check it out) I wasn't ready for this series to be over. I wanted to keep reading about those Marked Men forever.
     Most of the time everyone sees the worst in Asa. That is until Royal gets involved in the mix. She wants him to see the best in himself that she so desperately sees. But with all that he's been through, he doesn't want to endanger Royal and the amazing life that he thinks she has, But then something finally brings the two together and they both don't know how to feel about it.
     What I loved most about this was the way Asa was given a second chance. I loved seeing this side of him, the one on the straight and narrow. Gotta admit it was a couple times where I was a little iffy about him, but still. He made sure that there he had an explanation for everything and he was getting better and better at everything. As for Royal, I really loved that she was around to make sure Asa kept his self in line. It's been evident that he's needed someone like that since he was introduced, and I was happy to see that she hadn't run out on him like everyone else.
     I also loved the romance between the two.  It was super hot and so much more than I expected from Asa, And let's just say their first encounter I had to rewind and listen to again because I was left with an open mouth after listening to it. Asa and Royal were too hot to handle and I wish I could get another book with the two of them.
      I also loved the little epilogue. I loved seeing all the big time decisions that everyone from the series had made loved seeing them all carried out. What I DIDN'T like was the entire thing with that one certain person. First of all, it completely caught me off guard. And I'm not sure what I wanted to happen between the three of them, but I really wanted things to end up differently. I was not impressed with how that person got off scott free with nothing happening.
     This was a solid conclusion to the end of one of my favorite series and now I can't wait to see what else Crownover has up her sleeves. I can't wait to meet the characters in the Saints of Denver series! Especially if there's glimpses of my favorite men and favorite girls from this series!
Overall, I give this
(This will have no quotes because it was an audio-book)

Labels: , , , , , , , ,