Tempting the Best Man by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Audio, 5 hours
Release Date: May 27, 2013
Published by: Entangled Brazen
The Gamble Brothers, #1
Source: Library (Hoopla Online) 
For fans of: Contemporary Romance, Realistic Fiction, Adult Reads, Take Me Away After Dark


     Madison Daniels has worshiped her brother's best friend since they were kids. Everyone thinks she and Chase Gamble would make the perfect couple, but there are two major flaws in their logic. 1) Chase has sworn off relationships of any kind and 2) after blurring the line between friends and lovers for one night four years ago, they can't stop bickering.
     Forced together for her brother's wedding getaway, Chase and Madison decide to call a truce for the happy couple. Except all bets are off when they're forced to shack up in a tacky '70s honeymoon suite and survive a multitude of "accidents" as the family tries to prove their "spark" can be used for more than fighting. That is, if they don't strangle each other first...


BETWEEN THE COVERS!

*"This book is part of the new adult contemporary romance genre! It is more mature than both YA and MG. I have featured it in Between the Covers as a way to feature the few Adult and New Adult titles I am beginning to read!"  This book will contain strong language and explicit sexual scenes. Intended for adults 18 and up! 

*MY THOUGHTS*

     Whenever I'm in a book slump I can always count on one author to help me get through it. And if you can't tell, that person is Jennifer L. Armentrout. She is an amazing author that cures everything with her hot book boys er romances. And this one was no different. 
     Madison has always loved Chase. Chase has always loved Madison. But neither one of them will act on it. Why? Madison is Chase's best friend's little sister and he doesn't want anything to get in between them too. Add on to the fact that Chase isn't looking for a girlfriend at all, and they make a recipe for disaster. Especially with them both in one spot while waiting for her brother's wedding.... 
     I really liked Madison. Although she could be hard headed most times, she was still a realistic character. She got upset when I would have. She got mad when I would have. And also I could see myself losing it on the wine like she did at that one part lol She was fun and flirty and I enjoyed learning about her. 
     As for Chase, I loved him too. He was so in love with Madison and it was adorable. But he was a bonehead too. He was so into not messing everything up, that he kept messing everything up lol Obviously as a JLA book boy he goes beyond the realm of hot um perfect. I'd love to meet him in real life lol
     As for the two of them together, they were PERFECTION. That part when stuck in the winery?! Gah I had to fan myself in real life! JLA definitely does not disappoint with the hot scenes in this one. Also, I love that they don't go right to it when it comes down to it. She gives them a slow build which felt more real. 
     Of course this has caused me to read the next one right away lol I can't wait to see what Chad and his brothers have in store! 
Overall, I give this

(There will be no quotes since this was from an audio book!)

Labels: , , , ,