Boats, Planes, and Trains #2: featuring Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff


So one of my biggest reasons to name my blog Take Me Away was because I have never been many places other than where I've physically lived. To compensate I read many different books so I could visit them in the "literary sense." And now that I've read so many of them, I'm here to talk about my favorite ones. The best part about this... It can range from any genre! As long as I can envision it (or look it up on Google lol) I can see myself "visiting" there! 

Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1)

     As soon as I heard about Illuminae, I knew I needed to read this one. All because I heard most of the setting was on a spaceship. I knew I would love it!

Here's what I envisioned: 
Image result for spaceship battleship

     I found this on Google and immediately thought about the Hypatia and the Alexander. Both of which were huge and had so many different bays and missile compartments and it was just all cool! One day I'd love to see the inside of one. For some reason I thought about this one submarine I've been on in Seawolf Park here in Texas near Galveston.
 
     Although this one goes in the water, I can easily imagine this one being in the air too. I've also been on a tour of this submarine as well and the inside with all it's bays and compartments, I don't feel like there's that big a difference. 

Image result for outer space
     Then there's the "bigger picture for this setting. The entire outer space. I can only imagine what this one looks like since I've obviously never been, but I imagine that it would be all lit up like that and the stars everywhere. But I also think in Illuminae's situation, the sky may have been lit up red and orange due to REASONS. But for right now, I think this one here is good! 

So there you have it! A few pieces of my favorite parts of the setting! 
What were your favorite parts of the setting in Illuminae?
Any of the things I mentioned here?

Sidenote: There are a couple of the actual images in the book and a couple on Pinterest floating around. Those from Pinterest aren't from Jay Kristoff or Amie Kaufman though. They're all reposted images. Here's one straight out of my hardcover!

(Page 22-23) 

You can find more of these here every Friday! 
If you choose to join in, let me know and link it up! 

Labels: