Beyond the Book featuring: The Trouble With Destiny by Lauren Morrill


This bookish feature is an original by me! I had the epiphany for this the other day when I was writing out my 15 bookish confessions. (See #7) A lot of times I like to go "beyond the book" and do something that will connect me with the book and characters a little more. It will pop up on Mondays! Be on the look out for which books caught my eye and made me go beyond just reading it! 


"Just like rehearsal earlier, everything flows. Tonight we're performing a medley of Disney love songs, which are usually a crowd pleaser. [...] We star out with "A Whole New World" from Aladdin, a fairly easy opening that's heavy on our woodwinds."
50%

     This book seriously took me back to my band days! After reading it I found myself falling down the rabbit hole of finding band performances on YouTube. But when I read the part of above, I heard this music in my head and I heard the woodwinds playing and I realized how much I really wanted to hear it... Now I didn't find a school band playing it, but I still thought this video was pretty cool. I WISH I could play like this! (If you fall down the rabbit hole like me, there are PLENTY of Disney covers and like me, you will probably listen to ALL of them lol) 

I had nothing to do with this video! I just loved it and posted it! They have been informed that their video was used! 

Even if you're not a band person and just love Disney, I say listen to this! It was amazing! 
How many songs  can you pick out? Is your favorite there?
Mine was! 

Have you ever had such a connection with a book that you had to go beyond just reading it? 
Join me on Mondays with Beyond the Book! 

Labels: , ,