The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2

PG-13, 137 minutes
Release Date: November 20, 2015

     As the war of Panem escalates to the destruction of other districts by the Capitol, Katniss Everdeen, the reluctant leader of the rebellion, must bring together an army against President Snow, while all she holds dear hangs in the balance. (From IMDb)

*MY THOUGHTS*

     I had the pleasure of watching this last night at my local theater. They didn't tell many people that they had showings at 7:30, so we were lucky enough to get tickers and not be smushed up on other people. 
     Anyways, this movie is so much better than Part 1. Ever since I found out they were splitting the movie in two I was disappointed. There wasn't much that happened in the beginning of the book, so I didn't understand why they made it two. But this one definitely deserved to be on it's own. It had non-stop action and I found myself biting my nails the entire time.
     I also liked the way they stayed so true to book. It was on point! From the beginning to the end. There were a couple "surprising" spots, but for the most part, it was amazing. I especially liked the ending. I was glad to see that they kept it. (If you read it, you know what I'm talking about.) 
     As for the acting, Jennifer Lawrence and the rest of the cast absolutely played their part! J. Law is definitely The Girl on Fire and I can't wait to see what else she plays in! Everyone else was just as good and I'm looking forward to see what else they do now. I'm hoping everyone on the planet isn't like me and sees them only as that character now. It's so hard to break that view of them! 
     Overall, I feel like I was pretty vague compared to my review of the last one, but because this one is the last one I didn't want to go into too much detail. I'll just say that I enjoyed this one way more than Part 1 and I can't wait to go see it again! lol.
Overall, I give this

Labels: