Nash by Jay Crownover

Audio, 11 pages
Release Date: April 29, 2014
Published by: HarperAudio
Marked Men, #4
Source: Library
For fans of: Tattoos, Hot Literary Guys, Romance, Contemporary, Companions, New Adult


      Will their past determine their future?
     Saint Ford has worked hard to achieve her childhood dream of becoming of nurse. Focused on her work and devoted to her patients, there’s no room for love. She doesn’t need a guy making waves in her calm, serene life—especially when he’s the unforgettable hottie who nearly destroyed her in high school. Dark, brooding      Nash Donovan might not remember her or the terrible pain he caused. But he turned her world upside down . . . and now he’s trying to do it again.
Saint has no idea that Nash isn’t the cocky player he once was. Uncovering a devastating family secret has rocked his world, and now he’s struggling to figure out his future. He can’t be distracted by the pretty nurse he seems to meet everywhere. Still, he can’t ignore the sparks that fly between them —or how she seems so desperate to get away from him. But the funny, sweet, and drop-dead gorgeous Saint is far too amazing to give up on—especially since she’s the only thing in his life that seems to make sense.
     When Nash discovers the truth about their past, he realizes he may have lost her heart before he could even fight for it. Now, Saint has to decide: is Nash worth risking herself for all over again?


BETWEEN THE SHEETS!

*"This book is part of the new adult contemporary romance genre! It is more mature than both YA and MG. I have featured it in Between the Sheets as a way to feature the few Adult and New Adult titles I am beginning to read!"  This book will contain strong language and explicit sexual scenes. Intended for adults 18 and up! 


*MY THOUGHTS*

     I'll add this disclaimer to the beginning...: I was a fan of this one, but I wasn't a fan of Saint. Because of her, she brought the greatness of the book down and it was pretty depressing. But I still love this series and I can't wait to read Asa!
      Saint met Nash in high school. She had the biggest crush on him for the longest. And then he went and broke her heart. She moved away without ever having to see him again. Until she moves back. When Nash sees her again, she's almost a different person, so he doesn't remember who she is until they actually talk. After he realizes who she is, he has to decide, do I want to be persistent, or just give up before I even start. 
     Since I started this review with a character I didn't like, I guess I'll elaborate. To put it plainly, she just wasn't believable. I don't know anyone that would hang on to a grudge for that long. Especially if they've changed themselves. Wouldn't that make them realize that no one stays exactly the same as they grow older? She just wanted Nash to be the same knuckle head kid he was when he was younger, and she never gave him a chance to see if he's changed. With her assumptions she seemed just as bad. And on top of that, I would really have appreciated it if she didn't try to fight EVERYTHING he did. Every time he tried his best to show her something, she desperately found a way to counteract it and make it mean nothing. After a while it got frustrating. I didn't care to hear her complain anymore. 
     As for Nash, he was still super sweet and I was a little upset that he got the sucky girlfriend out of the bunch. He was such a good man to everyone in the group, but he had to be a good man to some chick that  didn't want it. Really I'm holding a grudge just like she was and do we see how crazy it sounds?!
     Otherwise, the entire series so far as still been stunning. In this installment, things get even more steamy and I LOVED it. So many scenes where I was listening in the library while I did my homework and blushed super hard or looked around to see if anyone had heard through my headphones. 
     Last but not least, I still love the companion style way this series is written. I love that even though one's story is already written and over, there is still room to learn more abut them in the books to come. I love companions because they answer so many questions that I already had after the end of the book. I'm just upset that Asa will be the last one and I won't know how they turn out in the end. 
Overall, I give this

Labels: , , , ,