TTT: Top Books I Recently Added to my TBR!

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the BookishEach week we will post a new Top Ten list. Everyone is welcome to join.   

This week's topic is:
Top Ten Books I Recently Added to my TBR!  

The Boy in the Black SuitBlank 133x176
Blank 133x176Play On
Blank 133x176
1. The Boy in the Black Suit by Jason Reynolds: I added this book yo my TBR recently because I noticed the author attended a bunch of Texas events and most importantly, because there was a POC on the cover. I knew this book had to be mine. I plan to meet Jason Reynolds on April 11th at Houston Teen Book Con! 

2. Beast by Brie Spangler: A modern re-telling of Beauty and the Beast.... And it features a transgender. YASSSSS for diversity! And YASSSSS for Beauty and the Beast re-tellings! It's not released until 2016, but I'm already super excited for it! 

3. Nothing Left to Burn by Patty Blount: I just found out about this one from someone else adding it to their Goodreads and I'm super happy they did. Because this contemp sounds right up my alley! 

4. Play On by Michele Smith: I added this one because EVERYONE was talking about it. I hadn't added it at first, but then when everyone was saying how good it was, I decided that maybe it was something I needed to check out! 

5. Wax by Gina Damico: Um this is a book about living wax figures..... WHAT EVEN? How can I not be excited I added this to my TBR? 

Dead Upon a TimeSimon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda
Blank 133x176Blank 133x176
The Cemetery Boys
6. Dead Upon a Time by Elizabeth Paulson: From the sounds of the synopsis, it sounds like this has some thriller aspects in addition to the fantasy fairy tales. Someone on my Goodreads just added this and I wasn''t far behind them!

7. Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli: I hadn't planned on reading this one at first, but then I heard how everyone LOVED it and I just knew I needed to give it a try. Plus I heard it has something to do with Oreos and if you didn't know, I'm an Oreo fiend! 

8. How to Hang a Witch by Adriana Mather: When I was a little girl Idk how many times I watched The Craft knowing I wasn't supposed to. It ended up being one of my favorites though. And now that I've seen it on the synopsis of this book, I am super excited for it! 

9. As I Descended by Robin Talley: This one is a re-telling of Macbeth. MacBeth is one of the plays I actually enjoyed in high school, so I can't wait to see how this one seems to be based on it! I added this to my Goodreads and I'm already highly anticipating it! 

10. The Cemetery Boys by Heather Brewer: I just recently added this one because I never read the synopsis. I really just didn't like the cover and didn't want to read it based on that. But finally I did and said maybe I just need to look past the cover. Especially since everyone seems to like it. So now I'm going to search for it at my library. I'm super curious about it now! 

What are your top books that you've added to your TBR recently?
Any books that you will add now from looking at my  list?
Any you think I should add to my TBR based on your list?

Labels: