The Return by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Kindle e-book, 344 pages
Release Date: February 18, 2015
Published by: Spencer Hill Press
Titan, #1
Source: Own, Pre-ordered
For fans of: Action, Mythology, GLBTQ, Hot Literary Guys, Series, New Adult

     The Fates are cackling their bony asses off... It's been a year since Seth made the deal with the gods that pledged his life to them. And so far, the jobs they've given him have been violent and bloody--which is kind of all right with him. But now Apollo has something else in mind for Seth. He's got to play protector while keeping his hands and fingers off, and for someone who really has a problem with restraint, this new assignment might be the most challenging yet.
     Josie has no idea what this crazy hot guy's deal might be, but it's a good bet that his arrival means the new life she started after leaving home is about to be thrown into an Olympian-sized blender turned up to puree. Either Josie is going insane or a nightmare straight out of ancient myth is gunning for her.
     But it might be the unlikely attraction simmering between her and the golden-eyed, secret-keeping Seth that may prove to be the most dangerous thing of all.
Because history has once again been flipped to repeat.

BETWEEN THE COVERS!
*This book is part of the adult paranormal romance genre! It is more mature than both YA AND NA. I have featured it in Between the Covers as a way to feature the few Adult titles I am beginning to read!*

*MY THOUGHTS*

     So we all knew that since this had Jennifer Armentrout's name on it, I wouuld read it. It took awhile, but I was finally able to get to it. But in all honesty, I wish I had waited. 
"Mortals are not always weak."
12%
     Don't get me wrong, I liked it, but it was just really slow. It really seemed exactly like Half-Blood where Alex was training and spending her time at school. The only thing different was the fact that Alex knew exactly what she was from the beginning. I guess I just wanted a little more variety. Since this is the next part in Seth's story, I expected every part of it to be bad ass. Only the second half was. 
"In my defense, I was a guy, so when I had the choice between staring at a bnch of trees or a female's ass, it was probably going to be the ass."
30%
     With that being said, I LOVED the ending. There's more interaction from the gods and that scene with Apollo and Joe was EPIC. I literally found myself holding my breath.That's what I love about JLA  books, it may start out slow, but once it starts going, it's like BAM! Everything happens at once and doesn't stop for the rest of the series. 
"Either you loved him or you hated him, but almost everyone feared him."
81%
     The Return is based off JLA's Covenant series which we all know and love, but in this one, we're introduced to a new character. Josie, or Joe has no idea what or who she is and I think that's what annoyed me about her. She wanted to keep being normal when all of this stuff was happening and I ended up yelling at her at the book a lot. She was every bit as stubborn as Alex, just in a different way. We're also introduced to Seth. I say "introduced" because the Seth that is in this book is 165120154845512051848495205148 times different than the crazy one we knew in the Covenant series. This Seth is sweet, not an asshole, smart, and wants nothing more than to protect everyone. Especially Josie. I hope in the later books they finally get together, because I think Seth deserves someone. 
"But as cheesy as this sounds, love conquers everything, even fate and destiny."
82%
     I really liked the Covenant series, so with this extra added hotness, I'm sure to love the rest of this series. I can't wait to see what happens. JLA never disappoints, and I'm not surprised this one had me on the edge of my seat, talking to the book, and swooning hard core. If you love mythology, hot guys, and swoony times, this is the book for you!
Overall, I give this

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,