Beyond the Book: Featuring A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray


This bookish feature is an original by me! I had the epiphany for this the other day when I was writing out my 15 bookish confessions. (See #7) A lot of times I like to go "beyond the book" and do something that will connect me with the book and characters a little more. It will pop up on Mondays! Be on the look out for which books caught my eye and made me go beyond just reading it! 

A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird, #1)

    "So it looks as though the same groups of people find each other over and over. Not invariably, but far more than mere chance would suggest."


     I almost chose not to do this BtB because Epic Reads' last Tea Time was basically my idea for this :( But it's ok, because as I said in my review, I've been thinking about what it is I would be doing in other dimensions. 
     When I read this book, I really started thinking a lot about where I would be right now. For now I'm working at Olive Garden and working on my Masters in Library Science. I have no kids and no pets. I have a boyfriend and we live together, but nothing serious yet. Also, we just moved to our new place in July. Nothing special...

     In another universe, I would be working at a call center still and I would be working on my Master's Degree in Publishing. I would be attending a school in New York instead of living in Houston still. I would have a female cat named Diana (after Diana Prince or Wonder Woman lol) And me and the boyfriend would have one baby girl as I would be working a job in my career field and not a restaurant. And me and the boyfriend wouldn't just be boyfriend and girlfriend anymore. (We've been talking about it for ages, just couldn't afford it...) This makes the above quote from the book that I added even more special. I like to think no matter what universe we were in, someway, we would've met each other. The highlight of my day would be reading, blogging, and talking about my day at work/school. 

     I think that sounds like a wonderful alternate universe! It seems so peaceful and real, I'm hoping to achieve all that someday! (Maybe not the NYC part... It's too big for me!) 

What does your alternate universe look like?
     

Labels: