Top Ten Classics I Want to Read or Have Read!

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the BookishEach week we will post a new Top Ten list. Everyone is welcome to join.   

This week's topic is:
 Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Classics I Want to Read/Have Read!
*These are in no particular order!

HAVEN'T READ!

The Picture of Dorian GrayPride and Prejudice
1. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde: I actually have read this, but it was when I was a kid still reading the Illustrated Classics books. I want to read it in "real life" now lol 

2. Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen: Don't judge me! I'm not sure why I haven't read it yet, but I really want to know who Mr. Darcy is lol

Gone with the WindAround the World in 80 Days (Great Illustrated Classics)
3. Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell: You can't be a Southern bookworm if you haven't read this.... Which means I just cancelled myself out.

4. Around the World in 80 Days by Marian Leighton: It's another Illustrated Classic that I bought as a kid but this one I never actually read it! 

20 000 Leagues Under the Sea and other Classic Novels
5. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea by  Jules Vernes: Another one where I just read the Illustrated Classic

What I Have read!

To Kill a Mockingbird22221
6. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee: If you follow this blog at all you know that this is one of my all time favorite books. I love the sense of family and how everyone sticks together in this.
7. The Illliad  by Homer: In high school we read bits and pieces of it. In college we had to read almost the whole thing so I'm going to count this. I've read the majority of it and it's really not that bad. I actually really liked all the stories it held.

The Scarlet LetterMacbeth
8. The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne: I realized then that I didn't like people. Because how could anyone do something like this to someone? I just can't. But clearly it elicited some big emotions from me which means I liked it a lot. 

9. Macbeth by William Shakespeare: I read this in high school in AP English and then had to re-read it in depth in college. I didn't mind, I actually liked this one. All the witches and things seemed pretty cool to me lol

Romeo and Juliet
10. Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare: Another one that I read and loved in high school and re-read in college for my Shakespeare class. I know it's one that EVERYONE has read, but has everyone memorized it? Yes I'm that big of a nerd. There's certain soliloquies I've memorized from this and I've never been in a play of it. It's just because I loved the passage so much!

What Classics made your list?!


Labels: