The One by Kiera Cass

Hardcover, 323 pages
Release Date: May 06, 2014
Published by: HarperTeen
The Selection, #3
Source: Own (Pre-ordered)
For fans of: YA, Dystopians, Love Triangles, Romance, Sparkly Covers, Hot Literary Guys, Tear Jerker, Series Enders

     The Selection changed the lives of thirty-five girls forever. And now, the time has come for one winner to be chosen.
     America never dreamed she would find herself anywhere close to the crown—or to Prince Maxon's heart. But as the competition approaches its end and the threats outside the palace walls grow more vicious, America realizes just how much she stands to lose—and how hard she'll have to fight for the future she wants.
From the very first page of The Selection, this #1 New York Times bestselling series has captured readers' hearts and swept them away on a captivating journey...      Now, in The One, Kiera Cass delivers a satisfying and unforgettable conclusion that will keep readers sighing over this electrifying fairy-tale long after the final page is turned.
 

*MY THOUGHTS*

     When I read The Selection I was a little late to the party. I think I read it a year after it's release. I convinced myself to read it because so many people I saw had read and loved it, But then I started seeing other things about it and I was a little iffy. So when The Elite was released I was able to get a free copy through a giveaway, but I waited so I wouldn't have to wait a year for this beautiful book I'm now reviewing. 
"Not wanting the crown means you're probably the best person to have it."
pg. 47
     I was afraid that this one would be like the second book in this series with no real plot. But in this one we're given a little more insight on what it is that is actually happening and why its happening. And with those answers come with a lot of twists and turns that were not in the first books at all.If nothing else, this book definitely tied up all its loose ends. 
"Mistakes means its real."
pg. 77
     I didn't like the love triangle obviously. But this time it didn't last the entire book so I felt myself liking America a little more. As for Maxon, I have so much more respect for him because of the last book. Knowing all his secrets I'm nt surprised I'm still Team Maxon. As for Aspen though, I can easily see myself being Team Aspen for a little bit too. Although I dislike love triangles, I could easily see what made America fall for the both of them.
"Bravery hides in amazing places."
pg. 151
     As for the end, OMG ALL THE FEELS. I was not expecting that. I realized I was holding my breath at one point and then at another I felt my eyes tearing up. Let me tell you, its a doozie, But there's one event that I think was a little rushed just so we could get to the events in the epilogue. Which I don't mind, but at the same time, I felt like the epilogue could've been done without that happening. It just seemed to happen to kind of hurry things a long a bit. 
"This isn't happily ever after. It's so much more than that."
pg. 323
     This series ender was a lot better than others in the series and I was very surprised. I have to admit I'm a little upset because it took until the end to get this good. It could've been in one book, but now I have three books with gorgeous covers so I'm not entirely upset. But still, with these characters, and the twists and turns, this is obviously my favorite book in the series.   
Overall, I give this


Labels: , , ,