Follow Friday: My reading habits!

Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee’s View & Alison Can Read.    
The goal is to increase blog followers and make friends. Basically how it works is you follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. So looking forward to making new blogging friends & following blogs!


How have your reading habits changed in the past few years? Did you get interested in a new genre? Do you read more? Less? Why do you think your habits changed, if they did.
     I'm going to attempt to not turn this into an essay..... So, here goes. my reading habits have changed, but for the better...  

  1. I used to only want to read books that featured at least one paranormal creature in love with a human, an evil villain, and some type of action and epic fight somewhere in the book. Now I can read a contemp with none of those things and be completely happy. 
  2. I used to be content with only liking one genre, but now I'm challenging myself to venture out and try reading dystopias, fantasy, and historical fiction.
  3. I read with a notebook now because I know that I have to jot down notes to add to my review afterwards. 
  4. At first I would only read a few books a year, but then I started blogging and I saw the amount of amazing titles that came out per year and I started reading more and more. Last year I read over 75 and I was very proud of myself. 
  5. I used to be a mood reader. But now I read to stay on my ARC schedule. Which is ok because I've learned a valuable lesson. Don't request anything HOPING that you'll like it. If it isn't a genre you're into, let your galley be used on someone that will like it. It saves pubs money and you time. 
  6. I used to only read physical books, but lately I've fallen in love with e-books. There's instant gratification and I LOVE the fact that I can carry around a 300-400 page book without having to put it in a bag and either mess it up or break off my shoulder. 
My habits have changed basically because I've stared blogging. And honestly, I wouldn't change it for the world. It made me discover new books and authors and there is no way I would ever change that. Also they changed because the Nook was invented. I had one from the very beginning with the 1st generation. I now have a Nook HD and a Kindle lol  

How have your reading habits changed in the past few years? 

Labels: