Lost Girls by Ann Kelley

ARC, 336 pages
Release Date: July 10, 2012 (USA)
Published by: Little Brown Books For Young Readers
Stand alone
Source: Received from ARCycling
Read: Summer, 2012
For fans of: Adventure, Historical Fiction, YA

No parents. No rules. No way home.
Fourteen-year-old Bonnie MacDonald couldn't be more excited for a camping trip on an island off the coast of Thailand. But when a strong current sweeps Bonnie and her friends past their appointed campsite, depositing them instead on what the boatman calls a "forbidden island," they're just happy to have reached dry land.
Overnight, things take a turn for the worse. Three torturous days pass, but the boatman doesn't return, and what once seemed like a vacation in paradise becomes a battle against the elements.
Peppered with short, frantic entries from Bonnie's journal as she struggles to survive, Lost Girls tells the page-turning, heart-pounding story of a group of teen girls fighting for their lives.

*MY THOUGHTS*
     I honestly have no idea what to say about this book. I had heard so many great things about it being like the show Lost and having so much fun and adventure in it I was stoked to learn that I had gotten it from the ARCycling program. But when I got it and sat down to read it, I just couldn't get into it. I remember not even being able to skim it. The main character just seemed (for lack of a better word) Blah and everyone else was just as uninteresting. 
     I ended up putting it down, (after not even being able to skim through it) thinking maybe I wasn't in the mood for it and never picked it up again. I lent it to a friend of mine who loves The Lord of the Flies who read on Goodreads that this was a kind of modernized version of it. She liked it more than I did.
Overall, I give this

Labels: , , ,