Apollyon by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Nook E-Book, 360 pages
Release Date: April 4, 2013
Published by: Spencer Hill Press
Covenant, #4
Source: Own
For fans of: Action, Adventure, Drama, Mythology, YA

Fate isn’t something to mess with… and now, neither is Alex.

Alex has always feared two things: losing herself in the Awakening and being placed on the Elixir. But love has always been stronger than Fate, and Aiden St. Delphi is willing to make war on the gods—and Alex herself—to bring her back.

The gods have killed thousands and could destroy entire cities in their quest to stop Seth from taking Alex’s power and becoming the all-powerful God Killer. But breaking Alex’s connection to Seth isn’t the only problem. There are a few pesky little loopholes in the whole “an Apollyon can’t be killed” theory, and the only person who might know how to stop the destruction has been dead for centuries.

Finding their way past the barriers that guard the Underworld, searching for one soul among countless millions, and then somehow returning will be hard enough. Alex might be able to keep Seth from becoming the God Killer… or she might become the God Killer herself. (From Goodreads)

*MY THOUGHTS*
     Everything about this seris is amazing. And then there are all the amazeball covers. This series is so good; I love how its all climaxing. Unfortunately to me, this wasn't the best one (my favorite is still Deity...) but it is still so so good. If you haven't started this series, get to reading! 
     This addition to my favorite series starts right where Elixir leaves off. Alex is still in the cell and Aiden is still trying to figure out what to do with her. Finally something snaps and she becomes the same ol Alex... With a completely different attitude. As the war brews, Alex's mission becomes a little blurred. A quest must be taken to answer the many questions that arise. After that, to keep it short and simple, the ish hits the fan.
      One thing that I've always loved about Armentrout's writing is her world building and imagery. Everytime I cracked the book open, I could feel myself being transported to Alex's world. I was able to picture everything as if I was Alex. And with the imagery, everything seemed so real it sometimes scared me. (I mean the "giant fruit" bit for those who have read it. *shudders*) Even the color of the cover plays a huge role in the book. It seems like Armentrout thought of everything.
    Armentrout also doesn't disappoint with the way the story is told. This book is quite obviously used to aid in the build up of the oncoming war. But in no way does it feel like an info dump or too much stuff being thrown at you at once. It flowed nicely and the steady stream of action and adventure is sure to keep you entertained. 
     The only thing I disliked about this was the romance between Alex and Aiden. As they stated numerous times, there are bigger things to worry about other than them being together, but that took away the steaminess for me. I loved when they had to sneak around. That was how Aiden became my fave book boyfriend ever. He wasn't afraid to show Alex that she was his weakness. But eh, with scenes like the "lavender pool," I'm not really complaining lol. 
     Armentrout has surely done it again with the nonstop action in this book. With the war on the brink of beginning and the HUGE cliffhanger ending, super fans like me are anxiously awaiting the conclusion to this epic series.
Overall, I give this


     

Labels: , , , , , ,