Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare

Nook Book, 412 pages
Release Date: March 19, 2013
Published by: Margaret K. McElderry Books
The Infernal Devices, #3
Source: Own
For fans of: Various Paranormal Creatures, Shadowhunters, Steampunk, Victorian age, Hot Literary Guys, Emotional

     Danger and betrayal, secrets and enchantment in the breathtaking conclusion to the Infernal Devices trilogy
     Tessa Gray should be happy - aren't all brides happy?
Yet as she prepares for her wedding, a net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute.
A new demon appears, one linked by blood and secrecy to Mortmain, the man who plans to use his army of pitiless automatons, the Infernal Devices, to destroy the Shadowhunters. Mortmain needs only one last item to complete his plan. He needs Tessa. And Jem and Will, the boys who lay equal claim to Tessa's heart, will do anything to save her. (From GoodReads)

*MY THOUGHTS*
     The final installment in the Infernal Devices took me on such an emotional ride that I will not forget. Throughout the novel I laughed, cried, and gasped with surprise. Everything about it was beautiful,
     My favorite thing about this book was the characters. All of them grew so much in this book. It was nice to see them grow together and end their story together. It was sad, as all endings are, but it was inevitable. Tessa was my favorite with her finding out more and more about Jem and Will and letting neither of them be unhappy. Then there is Jem. My heart went out to him with every cough that wracked his body. And MY Will... Omg my heart was breaking into pieces throughout the entire story for him. And then when he lost his "central truth," my heart and all those little pieces shattered. 
     My other favorite part was the emotion. On every page Clare pulled at my heartstrings. On some pages I would laugh, and then a few pages later I would cry. And I remember even reading some pages with eyes like this O.O Especially the Courtyard scene. I was also very glad to have a little more action in this book. I on pins and needles so many times that I found myself having to read it at work on my Nook app because I could not put it down. 
    Lastly, although I say in other reviews how tired I am of love triangles, this is one that I can actually live with. There was a specific reason she was able to love both of them so strongly and it makes 100% sense. Also, in the end she did indeed choose so it was hardly a triangle anymore. 
     As for the ending, I was very glad to see everyone's "happy ending." Although the epilogue made me cry buckets with the music scene, I still loved it. It was nice to know how the family carried on. I also liked seeing some of the things that appear in the first two books of the Mortal Instruments series. It was interesting to see  how they all came together. 
     Cassandra Clare really outdid herself with this one. She will make you laugh, cry, and gasp in indignation all in this one novel. She may have told the Shadowhunters goodbye to that era, but they are far from gone. I can't wait to see whatever else they have in store for us. 
Overall, I give this

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,